What is Acne?
Acne is a common skin condition that we all have faced at one point or another. Acne typically appears on areas of skin that have the most oil (sebaceous) glands (such as: your face, forehead, chest, upper back and shoulders)
What causes acne?
- Excess oil production
- Oil and dead skin cells clogging hair follicles
- Excess activity of a type of hormone (such as androgens)
Our Favorite Acne Treatments
Acne signs and symptoms vary depending on the severity of your condition:
- Papules: Small red, tender bumps
- Pimples: papules with pus at their tips
- Nodules: Large, solid, painful lumps beneath the surface of the skin
- Cystic Lesions: Painful, pus-filled lumps beneath the surface of the skin